Traditional Ayurvedic Massage (otherwise known as Abhyanga) originates in India. It is a blissful style unlike any other, using luxuriously hot or warm medicated herbal oils, techniques specific to your body type, and activating Marma (vital energy) points.
Unique Purpose of Ayurvedic Massage
The purpose of the massage is unique from other styles of massage, as the oil used balances the “Doshas” of the body (see here for information on Doshas), as well as having profound effects on the nervous system and musculoskeletal system. This is thanks to the style of application, and the unique ingredients of the oil (see below).
Medicated Herbal Oil
Our oil is specially formulated for Ayurvedic Massage, and we import it directly from India. It contains more than 40 herbs, with unique healing properties that work together to have a profoundly healing effect on the body. This oil is made from 100% natural botanical ingredients, and contains no synthetic ingredients, no chemicals, no fragrances, no preservatives, nothing nasty. It is only 100% oil and herbs, that’s it!
Sesame Oil: naturally decreases the effects of stress, nourishes skin and hair, enters muscles, ligaments and tendons to naturally release tension and nourish them.
Key Ayurvedic Herbs:
- Bala (Sida Cordifolia)
- Jujube (Zizphus jujube)
- Bilwa (Aegle Marmelos)
- Gokshura/Tribulus (Tribulus terrestris)
- Devdaru (Cedrus deodara)
- Sariva (Hemidismus indicus)
- Manjishta (Rubia cordifolia)
- Chandana/Sandalwood (Santalam Album)
- Punanarva (Boerhaavia diffusa)
- Ahswaganda (Withana sominfera)
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)
- Madhuka/Licorice (Glycyrrhiz glabra)
- Triphala (3 fruits)
- Shatapushpa/Dill (Anethum sowa)
- Ela/Cardamon (elettaria cardamomum)
- Twak/Cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum)
Among many other beneficial effects, these herbs improve the blood circulation, reduce stress and strain, calm and soothe the nervous system, loosen muscles and tissues, eliminate toxins, keep the body in good condition and the skin glowing through their cumulative refreshing and rejuvenating effects.
The Ayurvedic Massage Experience
- Enter the healing room, which is softly filled with the exotic sounds and fragrances of India.
- Luxuriously warmed herbal oils are generously poured over your skin and worked into your body, using expert Ayurvedic techniques unique to your body type.
- Marma vital energy points are activated and energy flows are unblocked, using pressure in certain locations throughout the massage.
- Finish with full facial massage, and finally an invigorating head massage (if desired).
- Step outside glowing, and feeling wonderfully grounded, nourished and peaceful.
- Warm oils enter muscles better to naturally loosen muscle fibres and aid circulation and toxin expulsion, providing deep release of tension.
- The herbs in the oil are relaxing to the & calming nervous system, provide a detox action on the cells, and help to release tension in the muscles & tissues.
- Works on a psychological level to relax, improve mood, and increase the body’s immunity.
- Nourishes skin, muscle, bones and joints. Used in conditions such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, spinal weaknesses, disc degeneration, muscular, tendon or ligament weaknesses, and even wrinkles and sagging skin!
- Marmas provide information on bodily areas not working at optimum function, while simultaneously rebalancing these areas.
For more information, you can check out this webpage, or contact us.
For our prices, click here.